In this blog, we will walk through the steps of publishing websites using Contentful with 21YunBox.
Steps to deploy publish websites using Contentful with 21YunBox:
- Sign up on 21YunBox
- Create or use existing Contentful space
- Fork Contentful Starter on Github
- Use the following values during creation:
Click Advanced Configuration to add below environment variables:
|CONTENTFUL_SPACE_ID||You can find it on Contentful Dashboard -> “Settings” -> API Keys -> “Space ID”|
|CONTENTFUL_ACCESS_TOKEN||You can find it on Contentful Dashboard -> “Settings” -> API Keys -> “Content Delivery API - access token”|
Here are the screenshots of finding the space ID and the access token for contentful.
If you are using 21YunBox to preview (before you publish the content live to the public), you can use the “Content Preview API - access token” instead. This gives you the flexibility to preview internally.
That’s it! Your website will be live on your 21YunBox URL as soon as the build finishes.
So what happens if I add new content on Contentful, do I need to redo the steps above?
What you need to do is to press the purple deploy button on the 21YunBox console, then the 21YunBox Build system will pull the content from the Contentful server and deploy it once it’s done building.
If you want to automate it, you can follow the steps below to configure it.
Steps to setup auto-publish with Contentful and 21YunBox
1. On Contentful Dashboard, click “Settings” -> “Webhooks”
2. Click “Add Webhook” on the top right
3. Then Configure it using the below values.
You can find the build “URL” on 21YunBox Console. It’s under your project’s settings tab.
4. Save the webhook.
That’s it! Now when new content publishes on Contentful, 21YunBox will automatically build and deploy the changes for you.
- Alternatives to Contentful in China
- How to Speed-Up Netlify in China
- How to Deploy Next.js to Server?
- How to host Strapi CMS with 21YunBox?
- Does Sanity CMS Work in China?